Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2003:
Re: imaplib.py rewrite

To: Kaitlin Duck Sherwood <ducky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: imaplib.py rewrite
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 14:40:50 -0500

Hello Kaitlin,

Let me apologize for the amount of time taken in responding to your message.
I'm CCing this message to the OfflineIMAP list since some people there are
interested in this question as well.

I have a basic parser (written with Yapps2) complete, which probably
represents about 1/3 of the project.  I'd expect to have something working
within 2 months at the latest.

However, having said that, I am currently looking at some larger questions
such as whether to continue work with Python or switch to Java due to
threading constraints.  Also, Twisted (www.twistedmatrix.com) already has an
IMAP library that may prove useful for me, so I will be considering that as
well, and may scrap my own IMAP library in favor of theirs.

Your best bet to keep informed on developments is to subscribe to the
OfflineIMAP mailing list.  Instructions for doing so are at
http://www.complete.org/mailinglists/.

-- John