Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: January 2003:
Re: OfflineIMAP 3.99.6 released

To: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: OfflineIMAP 3.99.6 released
From: Martijn Pieters <mj@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 10:52:56 -0500

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 04:06:40PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> At long last, here is OfflineIMAP 3.99.6.

This is one hell of a great release John! A real milestone in my view.

> The big news for this release is that the synchronization process is now
> account-centric.  That means that each account can have its own refresh
> interval, can be refreshed independantly from the user interfaces, and in
> the future, can catch failures and handle them separately from other
> accounts.
>
> The even bigger news (grin) is the new Curses.Blinkenlights interface.  It's
> even better than watching 12 hours of Iron Chef on New Year's Day.  It's
> better than James Bond's latest car.  It's better than..... well, you get
> the idea.  Check it out :-)

Yeehaw. Out with the cron-jobs, in with the Curses interface running under
screen!

>   * Changed to a more account-centric behavior.  The refresh time is now
>     a per-account variable.  Implemented new account classes.  User
>     interfaces must now be updated to take advantage of this.
>     *** NOTE *** THIS CHANGE BREAKS COMPATIBILITY WITH OLDER VERSIONS.

Maybe you can build in backwards compatibility by making the
generic.autorefresh value the default for accoutns that don't specify their
own? It was easy enough to change in my file of course, but it saves
surprises.

--
Martijn Pieters