Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: January 2003:
Next OfflineIMAP release

To: sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, 167357@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Next OfflineIMAP release
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 20:09:52 -0600

I expect OfflineIMAP 3.99.6 to be released in a couple of days.

Among the new features:

 * New Curses-based Blinkenlights interface.  Sam, this will be a color
   console interface even better than the one you proposed, so don't bother
   learning curses :-)

 * Various bug-fixes (proper handling of folder names with parens)

 * More account-centric behavior.  Refresh times are defined per-account
   rather than per-system.  Makes it easier for the people using
   separate accounts to sync little-used-but-big folders.

These are already in the code.  I need yet to do:

 * Update blinkenlights interfaces to show separate lights for each
   account, and separate "sync now" buttons.

 * If very adventurous, let people adjust what accounts are being synced
   while the program is running.

 * Figure out how to do "sync now" with the TTY interface.

Depending on how much time I have, I'd expect this to be out by Wednesday or
so.  As always, interested bystanders can follow the Subversion repository
:-)