Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: November 2002:
Installation

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Installation
From: Rolf Eric <stockholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 08:39:44 +0000

I am sorry for bother you with this question. But I am tired of trying
to understand this on my own.

I am trying to do a widely installation of OfflineIMAP that I have got
working as an single user installation, but not as anything as the
manuel tryed to advice. I am operating a Linux system, not Debian. I
think this system is build so that you have to do everything yourself so
I need to have detailed help.

In short, the setup.py, that is in the package, give me

> usage: setup.py [global_opts] cmd1 [cmd1_opts] [cmd2 [cmd2_opts] ...]
>    or: setup.py --help [cmd1 cmd2 ...]
>    or: setup.py --help-commands
>    or: setup.py cmd --help
>
> error: no commands supplied

as a reply.

Python 2.2.1 is installed on the system.

I would like to know what I need to do, manualy, for doing what this
setup file is meant to do.

I appologies for my stupidness.

Thank you for your time!

With regards,