Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2002:
Dots in dir names

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Dots in dir names
From: Robert Flemming <flemming@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 11:43:59 -0700

Maybe I'm missing something, but I seem to be having a problem with how my
mail directories are being named in relation to how my mutt mailboxes file
is expecting them to be.  The mutt mailbox file as generated by offlineimap
is of the form:

mailboxes +spiralout.net/INBOX +spiralout.net/Mail/trash/trash-2002-07

The actual directories as created by offlineimap is:

~/Mail/INBOX
~/Mail/Mail.trash.trash-2002-07

So obviously things are not matching up like you expect and mutt is not
seeing any of my mailboxes other than INBOX.  I would expect to have
something like:

~/Mail/INBOX
~/Mail/Mail/trash/trash-2002-07

My related question is how can I get rid the Mail prefix to all of
mailboxes.  You might have guessed I'm using uw-imapd.  I tried digging
through the mailing list archives but there doesn't seem to be any :)  It
may just be a nametrans thing, but I wanted to see if I was missing
something obvious first.

Thanks Much

Robert