Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: July 2005:
[linux-help] Re: My new Dell

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: My new Dell
From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 19:18:41 -0500

* bbales <bbales@xxxxxxx> [2005 Jul 24 18:58 -0500]:
> This is embarrassing.  I have opened up 100 computers.  Some were
> difficult, but most were pretty straightforward and obvious.  But I can't
> get into this one.
>
> It's a new $299 Dell Dimension 2400 and I got the front off, although some
> of the tin is bent and one of the plastic clips broke.  But the side has
> to slide back and it won't.  There has to be a secret catch someplace.
>
> Has anyone gotten to the inside of one of these or have any ideas?
> bruce

We installed a bunch of Dells at work last year and I don't remember
the model but they have a button on each side of the case toward the
rear.  Press them both in and the latches at the rear release and the
top of the case hinges upward.  The case is hinged at the front.  It's
probably not the same but that's all I know about Dell's even though
I'm now in an A+ course.  ;-)

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of