Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: August 2004:
[linux-help] Network help

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Network help
From: Olwe Melwasul <olwe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 14:09:05 -0500

Been out of the computer world for over 2 years now being a stay-at-home
dad: very rusty. Just got Fedora 2 installed on a new box and it's quite
beautiful. We have a WinXP "home computer" that is doing our Internet.
We "shared" the Internet on the XP box and the Fedora box is accessing
Internet over the home LAN connection just fine set as DHCP. Now, how
would I simply transfer files back and forth between boxes? Is this a
Samba issue to get the XP box to see the Linux file system? Also, I'd
want to run Apache on the Fedora box. What address would I give, say, a
browser on the XP box to access the Fedora Web server across my LAN?
Also, does Fedora 2 have a systems-wide true-type font adding utility,
or is there a command line way to add fonts globally?

Olwe