Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: July 2004:
[linux-help] Port 18593 attacks

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Port 18593 attacks
From: bbales <bbales@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 23:52:28 -0500

During the past week my Frazier Firewall has been turning away thousands of
attempts at port 18593.  Some times as many as 245 in one hour.  In the past
when I had a large number of hits on one port, I could find something about
it from Symantec or some forum on the web.  This time no-one is reporting
anything about port 18593.

It seems to be overwhelming the firewall logging facilities as the daily email
only reports the last six or eight hours.

Anyone have any clues about this?
bruce