Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: June 2003:
[linux-help] Re: floppy problem

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: floppy problem
From: "gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman)" <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 03:02:52 -0500

> An interesting discussion, although much of it was above my head.
> Apparently this happens in more ways than I would have expected.
> Seems like I remember having to kill Konqueror in order to umount a
> cdrom.  Konqueror is a bit buggy, I am afraid.

hmm, i've been using konq for quite some time and have never had to kill it
to unmount anything...  in fact, i've had more trouble using GNOME than KDE
as far as problems with mount/unmount of devices...  i'm sure part of it
depends on which distro you use (red hat STILL really horks up KDE in
RH9)...

gLaNDix