Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: May 2003:
[linux-help] Knowledge transfer org

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Knowledge transfer org
From: Michael Osten <mosten@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 24 May 2003 15:00:02 -0500

I would like to start a local org that provides low cost knowledge
transfer classes to interested persons.  A small suggested donation to
take the class would be collected to pay a stipend to the instructor,
pay for instruction space and materials, and the remainder would be
funneled back into open-source projects.  This would be a good
opportunity's for some of us that want to learn new technologies to
participate without the hassle of formal educational institutions.

Please contact me if you would be willing to teach such a class (just
about anything technology related) or if you would be willing to attend
such classes.  I was thinking along the lines of:

Intro to Perl
Intro to C
Intro to Java
Basic Unix administration
Basic Network configuration, into to TCP/IP

also,

Intro to the INTERNET/computers (for completely non-technical persons).

I would like to hear opinions on class topics and whether there is
enough interest.