Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: October 2002:
[linux-help] Let me try again...

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Let me try again...
From: "John" <john1982@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 00:17:40 -0600

Sorry..... I ment to say, I have decided to sell my Gateway Solo 1400. Here's
the specs....

Processor> 900mhz Intel Celeron (Coppermine) Processor

Memory> 128mb SoDIMM

Drives> Toshiba 10gig internal HDD expandable to 20gig
            24x internal CD-ROM
            Standard Floppy drive

Screen> 14.1" TFT 1027x768

Networking and Internet> ViaRhine Fast Ethernet USB adapter 10/100
                                     WiFi USB Wireless Network
                                     Modem

Video> S3 Graphics Twister (ProSavage) Chipset

Audio> Conexant Audio Link
Others> PCMCIA port, microphone port, and headphone jack
Software>
Microsft Works Suite 2002
Free copy of Norton Anti-Virus
Windows XP Home Edition
Restore CD with several apps

Tried to run Linux on this machine and the most successful installation was RH
7.3. Tries SuSE 8.1 and had problems with the ACPI. Now back to WindowsXP.
Would be willing to trade for a decent desktop machine. Asking price for
notebook and and nice leather bag...... $700.00! A great deal!!!! Please email
me for call me @ 316-650-6470. You will more than likely get my answering
machine, but I will try to answer ASAP. I do work in the evenings. Thanks!!!!!