Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: October 2002:
[linux-help] Re: CD writer needs SCSI driver

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: CD writer needs SCSI driver
From: Jeff Vian <jvian10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2002 06:58:09 -0500

Did you do  "cdrecord -scanbus" ( as recommended at thte end of this
error message )  to verify all the correct modules are loaded and that
cdrecord can see the device?

I find the generic scsi modules are not loaded until needed and the
scanbus option caused it to load correctly. (once it is loaded it stays
until you either unload it or reboot).