Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: September 2002:
[linux-help] Re: samba printing

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: samba printing
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 13:36:59 -0500

Make sure that both Windows and Linux are using encrypted passwords. By
default, Win95b and above uses encrypted passwords, whereas Win95a and below
did not.  Some earlier versions of samba defaulted to encrypted passwords
disabled, whereas later versions default to enabled.

I had to disable encrypted passwords on my local network to get all my
machines to "play nicely" with each other, due to a varied mix of clients.
You may wish to try that if nothing else fixes your problem.

--dwh

---
Dale W Hodge - dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vice Chairman & Secretary - info@xxxxxxxxx