Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: August 2002:
[linux-help] [Fwd: Moment In History - Off Topic]

To: aclug <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>, BETek <sales@xxxxxxxxx>, Calvert Guthrie <CYCLETRUCK@xxxxxxx>, Curt <CBalesRw@xxxxxxx>, Dale McClaran <dmccla1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Hardin <david.hardin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dennis l Scott <velo4@xxxxxxxx>, Donna Young <dyoungtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Gary Apple <gwapple99@xxxxxxxxx>, Greg & Beth Williams <GGWilliams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jim <cavv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Kara <kayoray@xxxxxxx>, Leigh Freeman <LFREEMAN1@xxxxxxxxx>, leighton <lmwillis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mark Thomas <Italvegab@xxxxxxx>, Nancy <npremer@xxxxxxxxx>, Paul Steele <psteele911@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Richard Arehart <CharlieArehart@xxxxxxxxx>, Rick Chasteen <rchasteen@xxxxxxxxx>, Sam Perkins <goldperk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Curt <cbales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Gerald <grob49@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Greg Turley <gturley@xxxxxxxxx>, Tamar Ginzburg <tginzburg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] [Fwd: Moment In History - Off Topic]
From: lowell <lowell@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2002 16:15:58 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Moment In History - Off Topic
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 15:57:44 -0500
From: "Paul" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <kclug@xxxxxxxxx>

A rewrite of a famous moment in movie history

A furious light saber duel is under way. DARTH VADER is backing LUKE

SKYWALKER toward the end of the gantry. A quick move by Vader, chops off

Luke's hand! It goes spinning off into the ventilation shaft. Luke backs

away . He looks round, but realizes there's nowhere to go but straight down.

DARTH VADER: "Obi Wan never told you what happened to your father."

LUKE: "He told me enough! He told me you killed him!"

DARTH VADER: "No! I am your father!"

LUKE: "No, it's not true! It's impossible."

DARTH VADER: "Search your feelings; you know it to be true."

LUKE: "NO!"

DARTH VADER: "Yes, it is true and you know what else? You know that brass

droid of

yours ?"

LUKE: "Threepio?"

DARTH VADER: "Yes, Threepio, I built him when I was seven years old."

LUKE: "No."

DARTH VADER: "Seven years old? And what have you done? Look at yourself, no

hand , no job, and couldn't even levitate your own ship out of the swamp."

LUKE: "I worked hard on that moisture farm."

DARTH VADER: "What? Hauling buckets? I spent my childhood as a slave then

*real* Jedi training, not 'a few days in the swamp with Yoda'."

LUKE: "I destroyed your precious Death Star!"

DARTH VADER: "When you were 20! When I was 10, I single-handedly destroyed

a Trade Federation Droid Control ship!"

LUKE: "Well, it's not my fault."

DARTH VADER: "Oh, here we go. 'Poor me, my father never gave me what I

wanted for my birthday, boo hoo, my daddy's the Dark Lord of the Sith..

waahhh wahhh!'"

LUKE: "Shut up."

DARTH VADER: "You're a slacker! By the time I was your age, I had

exterminated the Jedi knights!"

LUKE: "I used to race my T-16 through Beggar's Canyon!"

DARTH VADER: "Oh, for the love of the Emperor . 10 years old, winner of the

Boonta Eve Open. Only human to ever fly a Pod Racer, right here baby!"

Luke looks down the shaft. Takes a step toward it.

DARTH VADER: "I was wrong. You're not my kid. I don't know whose you are,

but you sure ain't mine."

Luke takes a step off the platform, hesitates, then plunges down the shaft.

Darth Vader looks after him.

DARTH VADER: "And get a haircut!"