Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: July 2002:
[linux-help] Sound Server

To: linux-help <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Sound Server
From: John Heffington <john1982@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 14:20:06 -0500

I keep getting errors about the Sound Server. It keeps telling me that
it can't play sound sounds in real time and the sounds are terrible with
clicks and breaks. It suggests using "artswrapper" or "setuid" as root.
I tried artswrapper and itsets real mode, but then says /tmp/mcop-John
is not used by owner. What does this mean?