Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: July 2002:
[linux-help] Re: telnet timeout

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: telnet timeout
From: Curtis Hawthorne <cghawthorne@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 11:23:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hareesh,

Don't know how to fix it from the server side, but what
works really good for me is on the Telnet/SSH client I use
on Windows (PuTTY -
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/),
there's a place where you can configure it to send null
packets every so often to keep the connection alive (under
Connection in PuTTY).  This solution works great with all
the servers I've tried it on, I've been able to keep idle
Telnet/SSH sessions open for a day or so.

Curtis H.