Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: May 2002:
[linux-help] Re: Linux install...

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Linux install...
From: Jeff Vian <jvian10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 06:50:43 -0500

You did mention that you wanted to install it in the space after the
current install.
I personally did not think about the 1024 cylinder limit for Linux
install ( which applies to the boot files including the kernel).  DUH,
as I slap myself alonside the head.

Every install i do that has more than 1024 cylinders gives a reminder of
that limit as well.

Congratulations on finding the solution.