Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: March 2002:
[linux-help] Re: A meeting place to have activities

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: A meeting place to have activities
From: Anne McCadden <amccadden@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 11:27:17 -0600

I am having problems trying to find a meeting place to have activities.
I am looking for a meeting place that has ground floor access and lots
of tables for us to setup computers.  The activities that I am
interested in are linux installs, frazier-wall setups, hardware fest,
CD-burning activities, and any other hands-on projects that we can work
together as a group.  I have even thought about shell scripting, MySQL,
python, Zope, tcl-tk, C/c++ programming projects.  Enough hands-on with
a project, just to get some of us started, and then with a good book,
continue on with the project if we choose.  My goal is to have members
at a computer trying out projects, very informal and fun, and
trouble-shoot any errors that we encounter.

The churches, parks & recreation areas, offices, etc, want to charge us
for the use of their building.  The cheapest building rental is St.
Bart's dining room for $25 for the evening.  James & I have recieved
quotes as high as $60 for building rental.  Does anyone else know of any
other places where we can have activities for free, since we don't have
any money in our budget.  Thanks in advance - Anne