Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: March 2002:
[linux-help] Printer setup under Red Hat 7.2

To: "ACLUG Linux-Help List" <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Printer setup under Red Hat 7.2
From: "John Lucas" <jdlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 10:09:51 -0600

I'm trying to get my Epson Stylus Color 600 to work under Red Hat 7.2.

I am running the graphical printer configuration tool in gnome. I select the
raw device (/dev/lp0) and a printer driver (Epson->Stylus Color 600->stp),
and I get a message stating that lpd restarted successfully.  However, when
I try to print a test page, I get a message stating that an error occurred
while trying to print the test page.  Pretty vague.

The Epson printer control utility escputil can talk to the printer; it
identifies itself, prints the nozzle check pattern, cleans the heads, etc.
so the hardware is working.

Any suggestions?  Where should I look to find out more about the error?

Thanks!
--John