Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: February 2002:
[linux-help] Re: CGI-Script

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: CGI-Script
From: Clint Brubakken <cabrubak@xxxxxxx>
Date: 21 Feb 2002 09:19:18 -0600

The only way to do this is a making the cgi program setuid. If its perl
or c it possible, I'm don't think it is in php. however it is very
insecure, to let web users do things as root.

You might want to check into webmin an existing cgi program that I think
does that, and has been looked over by many people for security holes.