Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: January 2002:
[linux-help] Re: Linux Printing and "Typesetting"

To: Linux ACLUG Help <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Linux Printing and "Typesetting"
From: Benjamin Bunck <bbunck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 21:50:30 -0600 (CST)

To get started with Latex,  you need a good manual, and some sample *.tex
files.  I use Latex quite often, and have gotten surpisingly far just by
modifying other peoples files.  A pretty decent reference I found recently
is:

"The not so Short Introduction to
LaTeX2e"

http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/lshort/

(just grab lshort.ps).

and view it with
# gv lshort.ps
or something

I don't know about how well Deskjets work for ps files.  As far as Linux
goes, any printer that has native Postscript support works quite nicely
and is easy to set up.  I know many laserjets have Postscript support, but
I don't think many inkjets do.

Ben