Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: January 2002:
[linux-help] Re: Minimal system version

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Minimal system version
From: "Ryan Hunt" <ryan@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:48:53 -0600 (CST)

Realy any linux should work.. Just dont install X.. Slackware or Debian without
any X
packages is what I would use.. the Debian core packages are less than 20MB I
believe.. If you
are looking for something even smaller in size try searching freshmeat for some
floppy
disk distro's

-Ryan

> I have a 486-25  With 4meg ram.  I need a version of a text based
linux
> to run on it. It will be a minimal video--paperwhite VGA/LCD screen.  I
> will be using
it to control devices and as data acq.

mike.holmes@xxxxxxx