Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: November 2001:
[linux-help] IP Masquerading Needed?

To: Linux ACLUG Help <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] IP Masquerading Needed?
From: Lars von dem Ast <mrprenzl@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 15:39:04 -0600

I've got a Linux box and a Win box. The Linux box is going to be my Web
server and the Win box just for Dreamweaver, IE etc. The Linux box is
connected via DSL to World. The Linux box has two NIC cards, and I've got
them working: one is dedicated to the DSL and the other can talk to the Win
box with a ping and ssh, etc. The DSL card has the IP of the ISP, and the
other card is 192.168.10.1

Q: If I want the Win box to see the Internet via the DSL connection, I need
to set up IP masquerading, right? Or have I missed something entirely?

Lb

--
Lb:Lars von dem Ast
"."