Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: October 2001:
[linux-help] Re: Transfer speed

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Transfer speed
From: "lowell" <lowell@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 16:57:35 -0500

It's the other end...

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-help-bounce@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:linux-help-bounce@xxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Jim Vetor
Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2001 7:24 PM
To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Transfer speed

I recently started using Road Runner and I have been watching my download
speed. I am downloading a file right now and mine is only running at around
8.52 KB/Sec. That is really slow and this is a Linux site and a big
download. Needless to say I'm not going to continue this tonight.

I have seen my speed go up to about 150 KB/Sec one time and the rest of the
time it is much lower say about 30 to 50 KB/Sec.

I know there is a lot depending on what transfer speed will be but does it
sound like I need to talk to RR? Thanks.

Jim