Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: September 2001:
[linux-help] printing help

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] printing help
From: Jeff Vian <jvian10@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 20:48:12 -0500

This is a different question than most but I am having a real problem
with printing to a network printer.

I have an Intel NetPort print server that is set up like an HP
JetDirect.
It has 3 printer ports, has been assigned an IP address, and each port
has a name for pirnting.

From my windows machine I have no problem getting the prints to each
printer.
However, from Linux, even when I set it up the same way I would a
JetDirect, everything goes to the first printer port. I cannot get the
print jobe to go to the second or third ports.

I have checked the port names, IP configuration, and have checked
netbios.
I do not believe it is using netbios because I have netbios turned off
on my m$ machine.
Yet no matter what I try it won't print to any port other than the
primary.

Does anybody have any experience with this print server that that can
provide a pointer to what might be wrong?

Jeff