Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: September 2001:
[linux-help] Re: MPEG Video on Xfree -- no joy

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: MPEG Video on Xfree -- no joy
From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 23:14:23 -0500

On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 01:10:34AM -0500, gLaNDix wrote:

> hmm...  i've run 3.3.6, 4.0.3, and 4.1.0 on slackware and been able to use
> the SMPEG player (not the smpeg-xmms plugin for xmms) to play most all of the
> MPEGs I've got...  Also use 4.1.0 on freebsd w/o a hitch...  I've seen both
> of those errors you've gotten numerous times (even when i'm running x
> programs w/o a hicup)...  not sure what they are but most of the time,
> they're pretty insignificant...

Well, must be however the Debian folks configured 3.3.6, because I just
updated to 4.0.3 and I have flawless MPEG video with sound!  Plus, the
xmms plugin works as advertised.  Now, if I can get the xmms-record
plugin to compile with the latest ALSA...

Thanks, Jesse.

- Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "None can love freedom
 Internet | n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx               | heartily, but good