Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: August 2001:
[linux-help] Re: ftp browser interface

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: ftp browser interface
From: Carl D Cravens <raven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 20:35:51 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Nathan wrote:

> I've recently setup ProFTP.  Now I'm trying to make it
> accessible via browser.  What would you call that?  A
> frontend?, backend?, client?  ProFTP seems to work
> great, but I'd like it to access it from work without
> installing FTP client software.  Does anyone know of
> some software that'll link up with ProFTP to make this
> happen?

Your web browser is just logging in as anonymous... you need to set up an
anonymous section in your proftpd.conf.  If you actually want to be able
to do more than download files from an anonymous area, you may have to
specify your username/password in the FTP URL in your browser.  I forget
the exact syntax, but you should be able to find it on the net somewhere
without a lot of trouble.

--
Carl D Cravens (raven@xxxxxxxxxxx)
Error reading user's mind (A)bort, (R)etry, (I)ntuit