Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: August 2001:
[linux-help] autofs + samba

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] autofs + samba
From: Curtis Hawthorne <cghawthorne@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 17:48:52 -0700 (PDT)

I've got a zip drive in my Linux server that I'd like
the rest of the network to be able to access through
samba.  However, I don't want to have to mount/umount
a zip disk every time I want to use one.  So, I set up
autofs to do that for me with a 10 second timeout and
it works like it should.

My problem is that when I access the zip disk through
samba, I am unable to eject the zip disk 10 seconds
after I'm done using it.  A quick lsof | grep 'zip'
shows that samba is keeping files on the zip drive
open after they have been closed by the machine that
is accessing them.

Any way around this?

Thanks,

Curtis H.