Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: July 2001:
[linux-help] Re: weird keyboard deal

To: Linux Help <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: weird keyboard deal
From: "gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman)" <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 02:05:49 -0500 (CDT)

try running 'xf86config' and selecting the keyb/mouse protocols there...
then, edit the /etc/X11/XF86Config file on your system and make sure the
Mouse protocol is set to 'MouseManPlusP/S2' for the protocol (check the
bottom of the mouse and make sure it mentions MouseMan somewhere)...  this
should get your basic 2-buttons + wheel button working...  to get the
wheel button working (in atleast KDE/Qt/GNOME/GTK w/o extra work) add the
following in the same section:

Buttons         6
ZAxisMapping    4 5

that should get you going with both mouse and keyb in X and atleast the
keyb on the console...

good luck!

gLaNDix

p.s. btw, this is the same config i'm using for my logitech cordless pro
keyb/mouse combo...  the mouse protocol should be the same, but the keyb
just depends on the layout of your keyb

<<< lloydix.2y.net FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE #0: Thu Jul 5 06:16:31 CDT 2001
glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/LLOYDIX >>>