Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: July 2001:
[linux-help] Re: apt-get/dpkg question

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: apt-get/dpkg question
From: "Benjamin F. Bunck" <bbunck@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 11:22:43 -0500

Well, my home computer is off right now, and I won't be able to get to it
until this evening, but basically, my /etc/apt/sources.list looks like this:

#
#
# <various comments made in the default file>
#
#

#<comment>
< here are the sources that were added during the installation,  things like
< "deb http://http.debian...."; etc.  Everything seems to be working here, as
< far as I know.

#KDE2
deb ftp://kde.debian.net/pub/kde potato main crypto

Again, it looks like apt-get can find the packages that I know are part of
kde2, like kdebase, but I can't find them when I search through the database
using "dpkg -l *kde*" or something similar.

Ben