Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: June 2001:
[linux-help] What's up with my modem? Grrrr

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>, <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] What's up with my modem? Grrrr
From: Patrick Klee <drwho@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 03:16:29 -0600

OKAY!

    Don't ask me why, but I had Linux working with the internet, then I went
to windows, internet worked fine, then I went back to Red Hat 7.0-respin and
it cant find my modem port nor on Debian, which has always been ttyS1
(COM2).
    It's gotta be working,  What ARE some of the tips for know if the modem
is shot.  It's a 3Com US Robotics, 56k FAX INT voice modem, and I would
think that if the modem didn't work, I wouln't have a dial tone on the phone
which is plugged into the comp, which is then plugged into the wall.

I am pretty sure the modem does work, I am prolly just stoopid :-P

Later,
Patrick