Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: June 2001:
[linux-help] Re: External modems.

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: External modems.
From: Curtis Hawthorne <cghawthorne@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 20:00:46 -0700 (PDT)

I don't know of any external modem that wouldn't work
with Linux (Do they make external winmodems?).  Most
any modem will work with Linux, just as long as it
uses standard commands (almost all do) and isn't a win
modem.

More info is in part 2 of the Modem HOWTO:
http://linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Modem-HOWTO-2.html

http://tmp2.complete.org/cgi-bin/listargate-aclug.cgi