Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: June 2001:
[linux-help] Re: laptop x configuration

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: laptop x configuration
From: Greg House <ghouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 21:35:46 -0500

I don't know anything about that specific model, but Intel has a replacement
X server available for download at http://support.intel.com which supports
the i815 chipset video. I've successfully used this on Compaq Desktop EN PCs
which also use that chipset. At some point, I presume their changes will get
folded into XFree86 main stream, but they weren't there about 4-5 months ago
(last time I checked). At that point in time, Intel still didn't have a
server for XF86 v4, so you had to use a v3 version.

Greg

--
"Wow, I didn't know being a super hero could be so painful."