Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: May 2001:
[linux-help] Printing

To: ACLUG <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Printing
From: John <jmresler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 20:13:58 -0500

I just purchased a new HP P1000 photosmart printer. I am running Redhat
7.1 with Helix Gnome on a K6-II 500. I have been unable to make a2ps
work properly with it although the printer does start printing, it comes
out as garbage. I tried lpr but it is still configured for the old
printer and I really don't want to edit /etc/printcap and go that route.
Does anybody know of a command to configure or add a new printer? I am
able to cat text files directly to the printer ( cat textfile > /dev/lp0
) and they come out properly but with the stair stepping problem. Any
ideas would be very helpful.

-John

--
How long a minute is depends on which side of the bathroom door you're on.