Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: May 2001:
[linux-help] Re: Which kernel?

To: "linuxhelp org" <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Which kernel?
From: "adithya" <adithya111@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 21:19:33 +0600

Hi ,
I have upgraded my kernel from 2.2.5 to 2.2.16 with out a problem and It
does has support for
ATAPI tape drive.
Mostly it supports firewalling and also transparent proxying.
But I saw there are some security bugs for the kernels before that if you
use send mail.
So I recomend you upgrade it to 2.2.18 because 2.2.17 also has some bugs it
seems.
if you want to use the IPMASQ and ATAPI tape drive just say Y to where it
matters when you
configure the new kernel.
So I think 2.2.18 will play the trick for you.
And you can install a relevent patch too.
Bye ,
Sudharsha.