Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: April 2001:
[linux-help] Re: RPM database

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: RPM database
From: Greg House <ghouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 22:36:05 -0500

On Thursday 12 April 2001 01:33, you wrote:
> I guess more to the point, is there a way to find out everything that rpm
> thinks is installed?

As already mentioned, "rpm -qa" will list all installed packages. You can
grep on the package name you're interested in or redirect the output to a
file for perusing later. If you want more detail, add -i which will give more
info on each of the packages. Or use -qail which will list info and all the
files each package installs. There are other options, those are the ones I
use most often.

Greg