Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: January 2001:
[linux-help] Re: (No subject)In-Reply-To: <40854296EC36D311A8850008C7BB9

To: "'linux-help@xxxxxxxxx'" <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: (No subject)In-Reply-To: <40854296EC36D311A8850008C7BB9D8D01CDDE62@OH0012EXCH001U>
From: Thomas Wallis <wallis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 14:41:43 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Cavgalar, Murat A (Alex) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to do a  post-installation network set up with static ip. I have
> D-link DFE-530TX+ and Linksys LNE100TX PCI NICs which both fully compatible
> with Redhat 7.0 Unfortunately, the interface eth0 comes up okay but
> interface eth2 has an IRQ problem. I was under the impression that using PCI
> cards eliminate the IRQ conflicts. Can anyone tell me how I can get around
> that.

        Actually, the PCI cards can even share interrupts, as far as I
know.  What motherboard do you have?  I put together a system like this
once.  I used several of the same card (Kingston KNE100TX).  It worked
fine.  Another possibility is a multiport Ethernet card that would use 1
IRQ.  Diamond used to make one like this, but I don't know about LINUX
compatibility.

                                Tom W.

> Thanks,
>
> Alex.

Disclaimer: All opinions expressed here are my own and not those of WSU.

EMAIL address:  wallis@xxxxxxxxxxx    wallis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx