Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: January 2001:
[linux-help] Re: Two questions: That timestamp trick with Emacs & What s

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Two questions: That timestamp trick with Emacs & What should I know/do with my RH 7.0
From: Steven Saner <ssaner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 11:53:34 -0600

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 11:18:07PM -0600, Lars von dem Ast wrote:

> Does anybody know that timestamp trick with Emacs that automatically
> updates a timestamp line in your code's comments? Also, I've recently
> heard of some problems with RH 7.0. Can somebody tell me what I should
> know/do about a new RH 7.0 install. I saw some posts about glibc and all
> and was confused....

On the first question, perhaps what you mean is the ability to put
something like $ Id: $ in your comments and have the date and other
information automatically inserted. That isn't really a function of
Emacs per se. It is something that can be done with a revision control
system like CVS or RCS. Emacs has some hooks into that mechanism, so
you can check stuff in/out from Emacs. I'm not too familiar with the
actual commands in Emacs for doing that, however.