Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: January 2001:
[linux-help] Two problems...

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Two problems...
From: Lars von dem Ast <mrprenzl@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 21:35:42 -0600

I have two problems with a new RH 7.0 install: 1) at startup some sort
of module failure is reported. It scrolls too fast to follow, but it has
something to do with IRQ conflicts, I believe. Possibly related is the
fact that my SoundBlaster16 card isn't seen or usable. 2) I installed
Java from an rpm, but there hasn't been any PATH updates. Where should I
change a PATH to make it global for all users? I've seen /etc/profile
and /etc/bashrc (I'm using bash), but they don't seem to be the
origin....