Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: December 2000:
[linux-help] Re: Fwd: Something Silly--Making a JPG pageing screensaver

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Fwd: Something Silly--Making a JPG pageing screensaver
From: Jesse Kaufman <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 00:34:02 -0600 (CST)

i can't help too much, but i have noticed that xscreensaver's different
"modules" or "screen savers" are executables you can run from the
commandline...  maybe taking a look at some of it's source code could be
of help...

oh, and let me know if you get anything done w/ it...  i wouldn't mind
having one like that! : ^ )

gLaNDix

On Fri, 29 Dec 2000, Michael Holmes wrote:

> Subject: Something Silly--Making a JPG pageing screensaver
> Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 10:43:32 -0600
> From: Michael Holmes <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
>

> I am wanting to make a simple program to load jpg screenshots while the
> computer is in screen saver.  I am not familuar with the linux x structure.
> Windows was easy.  Using GTK I can write the program, but how do I make KDE
> call it when it is screensaver time, or is there already a screen saver which
> does this?
>
>  --
> Michael Holmes

Jesse Kaufman                           |       WebSurf Internet Access
Administration / Web Development        |       www.websurf.net
glandix@xxxxxxxxxxx                     |       Ph: 316.945.7873
www.linuxfreak.com/~glandix             |       Fax: 316.946.9944
--

<<< Vim is a REAL man's text editor.  I don't know why anyone else would
    even bother with sissy programs like emacs, or even worse...  pico!  >>>