Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: December 2000:
[linux-help] Re: Intel 82810 video chip set.

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Intel 82810 video chip set.
From: Craig Terhune <cterhune@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 15:05:16 -0600

Can you not read your chipset type on the screen when your machine first =
boots??
On Sat, 23 Dec 2000, you wrote:
> I cannot get red had, mandrake, nor debian to start my x windows server=
=2E  I can get vga16 to sorta run (crashes about every 2nd to 3rd time) *=
/cannot connect xsocket:err 111/*
> I sat down with XF86Setup and walked through each and every driver in t=
here.  I keep getting unkown chipset.  When SVGA server does start, it is=
 a 320 x 240 display.  Right now I have a fully functional Debian potato =
running, but it also cannot start x windows.  Last night I had debian, re=
d hat, mandrake, slackware, turbo linux, bsd, and something else.  I spen=
t from 3pm to 6am this morning.  Nothing is new enough to find the chip a=
nd recognize it.  I have been to xfree86.org, red hat, bsd, gnome.org  No=
thing out there can find my video chips.  Is my video card going to go th=
e way of my modem?
>=20
> Mike
>=20