Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: December 2000:
[linux-help] Re: Perl/CGI Question

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Perl/CGI Question
From: "Jeremy King" <jmking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 19:43:34 -0600

Google rocks.  I haven't bothered to actually figure out the code you will
need, but I found that you can use a "content-disposition" header, with a
"filename" parameter to suggest a file name to the browser.  If you use
cgi.pm, it may already support this functionality.  If not you may want to
read the RFC 2183 (http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/htbin/rfc/rfc2183.html) to
figure out how to format the header.

Jeremy