Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: October 2000:
[linux-help] [Fwd: Goodbye CLOS, Now you're MS CLOS (Are we ready to cra

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] [Fwd: Goodbye CLOS, Now you're MS CLOS (Are we ready to crash?)]
From: "Marc T. Bachman" <mbachman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 11:15:18 -0500

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --

Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 17:00:55 -0700
From: Ivan Milosavljevic <milosavl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Newsgroups: corelsupport.linux.set_up_config,corelsupport.linux.corellinux

Maybe you can switch to the latest version of Redhat and deal with the
hundreds of bugs that have been found within it.  CLOS is based on
Debian which is a very conservative distribution.  Debian is rather slow
to adopt the "latest and greatest" because they are more concerned with
stability.  If Micro$oft bastardizes CLOS then, sure, switch.  Corel was
in serious need of cash.  Hopefully the $125million they got will help
them get back on track (with Cowplant gone anything is possible).

Ivan Milos