Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: September 2000:
[linux-help] [Fwd: WPO2K sucks ... sorry but I have to say it.]

To: "linux-help@xxxxxxxxx" <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] [Fwd: WPO2K sucks ... sorry but I have to say it.]
From: mbachman <mbachman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 08:11:07 -0700

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --

Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 20:48:11 -0700
From: Nick Webb <nick@xxxxxxxxxx>
Newsgroups: corelsupport.linux.wordperfectoffice
Subject: WPO2K sucks ... sorry but I have to say it.

Hi:
    I have been very patient with Corel.  When my employer wished to
drop Corel from our network, I begged to keep it.  When I bought WPO2000
for linux I thought, "they'll fix these bugs, they just didn't realize
all the differences in linux systems . . ." But you know what after
spending countless hours fixing their mistakes in both the Linux and
Windows front I am boycotting Corel.  Period.  I wish I wouldn't have
been so stupid in the first place and got my money back.  Anyone wanna
by a slightly used copy of WPO2K?
____
Nick Webb
ITS Lab Software
University of Idaho
nickw@xxxxxxxxxx

PS:  Oh, if any of you are thinking of upgrading to RedHat 7.0 or
Mandrake 7.2 don't even bother.  WP02K won't work at all do to our great
friend Fonttastic, it won't even install without a --force . . .