Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: September 2000:
[linux-help] name service

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] name service
From: Tom Hull <thull@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 11:16:19 -0500

Quick question, probably old hat for those who have been paying attention:

I have cable modem hooked into a Linux box, other machines on LAN, and
want to access cable modem from those machines. All of these machines
have static addresses (since my LAN is a subset of a larger network that
I do not manage, therefore cannot run DHCP). The cable addresses are DHCP.
The Linux box works fine with the cable. What (at a high level) do I have
to do to the Linux box to get it functioning as a gateway?

I have lots of doc -- just don't know where to start. Thanks.

--
/*
 *  Tom Hull * thull@xxxxxxxxxxx * http://www.ocston.org/~thull/