Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: August 2000:
[linux-help] a new beginning & internet install

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] a new beginning & internet install
From: John Reinke <jmreinke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 03:05:42 -0500

Ok. I've had way too many problems after going from Corel to potato. I
think it would be best to just wipe my hard drive, and start from scratch.
(This will give me a chance to make a smaller /, since Corel requires a Gig
for the / partition, no matter how much it needs.)

I don't have a CD. What will it take to install over an internet
connection? I have a cable modem connection, which requires 1) the correct
network driver (eepro100), and 2) the dhcpcd daemon.

Since I want to format the hard drive, I can't put anything on it. I can
make a few floppy images, but how will I start dhcp needed for my internet
connection?

I need to get this done within the next day or two, so I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks,
John