Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: July 2000:
[linux-help] Re: NFS and installation on a laptop with no CDROM

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: NFS and installation on a laptop with no CDROM
From: "spiff" <spiff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 18:28:06 -0500

> Are you sure you can't get an ethernet card for your laptop? I have
> experience with an old Toshiba (8mb/200mb) and Caldera 1.1, but with
> an ethernet PCMCIA card. Caldera's setup listed NFS, set up a PCMCIA
> driver temporarily and went to it no probs. If you can't find one, I
> guess I could loan you one. I plan on being at the ACLUG this Monday.

I guess I didn't make it totally clear.  I have a 10baseT PCMCIA card for
the laptop.  I was wanting to access the CDROM via the network to install
Debian on the laptop.  My "full sized box" has a 10baseT network card as
well + the CDROM I need to access.  Thus two computers, one without CDROM
and OS, and one with CDROM and OS.

Thanks,
Seth aka spiff