Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: July 2000:
[linux-help] insmod loop failed

To: "'linux-help@xxxxxxxxx'" <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] insmod loop failed
From: "gray, jason" <gray_jason@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 08:52:15 -0400

Hello
I installed RHat 6.2 on my compac proliant.  I did a kernel recompilation
and set the loop back device as a module.  When I do an insmod loop, it
tells me:

/lib/modules/2.2.14-5.0/block/loop.o :  unresolved symbol  insmod loop
failed

I've scoured the internet for answers and havn't been too successful, so I
thought I would ask you all.  I've installed 6.2 on this same machine the
other day, and did exactly the same kernel recompilation, and this did not
occur then.

Thanks

jay