Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: June 2000:
[linux-help] Help with spawning a program

To: ACLUG Linux help <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Help with spawning a program
From: Ryan Claycamp <ryanc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 08:15:15 -0500

Is there a way to spawn a program without it being a child of the
spawning program?  I think this is the right terminology.  My problem
is that I view URLs from mutt with the urlview program.  It starts
Netscape and feeds it the URL.  If I finish reading my mail and exit
mutt, Netscape dies as well, not always what I want.  Can I start
Netscape in a way that it is not connected to mutt?

Ryan
--
"Men are from Macs.  Women are from VMS." Erwin, User Friendly
http://www.userfriendly.org/cartoons/archives/99dec/19991203.html