Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: April 2000:
[linux-help] Re: New ?PS? Printer

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: New ?PS? Printer
From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 18:35:25 -0500

Hi!

I have the exact same printer as you.  Works like a dream come true under
Debain 2.1.  Running lprng as my spooler and magicfilter for the print
filter.  I use the LaserJet III filter as the printer has LJ III emulation
built in.  I have played with sending it "raw" .ps files and it handles
them well.  It's just so much easier using one printer setting all the
time.  This printer is also well supported under Wordperfect 8.  If you
would like, I can share the /etc/printcap from either of my systems.

One thing to note.  Check your kernel's message on boot to discover which
parallel port it locates.  This laptop is on lp0 and the desktop is
lp1.  Go figure...

- Nate >>

--

 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "None can love freedom
 Internet | n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx               | heartily, but good